We’ve been doing this for more than 30 years. Call us.
415.834.1120 24/7 answering service

Don’t tackle child support issues on your own, get representation

With so much legal information readily available on the Internet, a lot of people across the nation think that they can handle serious or complex legal situations on their own. But as our more frequent readers know, few legal experts consider this to be a good idea. In most cases, there is a lot riding on a favorable outcome; and if a person doesn’t have the right background information to draw from, mistakes can be made that may jeopardize the outcome of a case.

Like so many areas of the law that require legal representation, child support issues are no different. Consider for a moment the amount of child support the noncustodial parent is required to pay in most situations. This amount is supposed to be in the best interest of the child, but what if this amount ends up becoming a financial burden for the noncustodial parent? In cases like this, they may want to seek modification of the support order. Though this can be done on one’s own, it may be better to get the help of an attorney who knows the laws and can help you navigate them easily and effectively.

In situations where the noncustodial parent has failed to make consistent child support payments, a notice of delinquency may need to be sought. If you’re the parent trying to enforce a child support order you may need a lawyer’s help, especially because California has specific laws about when such a notice can be filed and what legal action can be taken against the payer. If you’re the parent receiving notice, you may want to obtain a lawyer who can explain your rights and help you through the process of reestablishing a good payment history.

Do not be fooled, family law issues such as those involving child support payments can get complicated and can easily frustrate even the most educated of person. Here at Schoenberg Family Law Group, P.C. we offer the services you will need to tackle any child support issue and reach a resolution that is in both yours and your child’s best interests.