Compassionate Child Custody And Visitation Attorneys Serving Napa, CA
Children are a top priority of divorcing and separated parents, and children often suffer greatly as they have no control over the custody and visitation situation. That is why our Napa child custody and visitation lawyer takes time to be compassionate and sensitive to the needs of both parents and their children during custody and visitation matters.
When you need representation in your Napa child custody case, contact the Schoenberg Family Law Group, P.C. for attorneys who are:
- Strong advocates for parental rights;
- Trusted and capable in both negotiations and courtroom litigation; and
- Diligent in creating workable resolutions for families.
Let Our Napa Custody and Visitation Attorneys Help You
It is imperative you make informed decisions about the effects different custody situations could have on you and your children’s futures. At the Schoenberg Family Law Group, P.C., we will do the following to ensure you are prepared for your child custody case:
- Answer your custody questions and address your concerns;
- Explain custody options available to you;
- Negotiate with the other parent or their attorney;
- File your court documents in a correct and timely manner;
- Represent you in court appearances; and
- Prepare and enforce your initial or modified child custody orders.
Call the Schoenberg Family Law Group, P.C. today to make your confidential appointment for a child custody evaluation. We can help you obtain results in any child-related family law issues.
Legal Custody in Napa
There are two different types of child custody in California. These are legal and physical child custody. Family law judges determine child custody based on the best interest of a child.
Legal custody refers to the right and responsibility to make important decisions about a child’s health, education, and welfare. A parent may be awarded sole legal custody or share joint legal custody with the other parent.
In sole legal custody, one parent shall have the exclusive right and the responsibility to make the decisions relating to the health, education, and welfare of a child. In a joint legal custody situation, both parents share the right and responsibility to decide on the health, education, and welfare of a child.
Physical Custody in Napa
Physical custody refers to which parent a child resides with. Like legal custody, physical custody may be sole or joint.
In sole or primary physical custody, a child resides with and is under the supervision of one parent, subject to the court’s power to order visitation. The other parent will likely be granted visitation rights.
In a joint physical custody order, each parent has significant periods of physical custody. However, time may not be divided equally due to obligations such as school and work.
Visitation in Napa
Visitation varies according to parents and their flexibility. Typical visitation schedules include:
- Visitation by schedule. This visitation order establishes the exact days and times the parent with visitation spends with a child;
- Reasonable Visitation. This is an order allowing open-ended visitation. It is flexible as to days and times; and
- Supervised Visitation. Supervised visitation is ordered when there is a threat to a child’s safety and well-being. The supervisor can be the other parent, another adult, or a professional agency.
Specific visitation orders are usually best in contentious or complicated child custody cases.
Contact an Experienced Napa Child Custody and Visitation Lawyer Today
At the Schoenberg Family Law Group, P.C., our experienced child custody attorneys will stand beside you from start to finish. We want to help you create the most effective custody plan possible while representing your interests inside and outside the courtroom.
Contact the Schoenberg Family Law Group, P.C. for the practical and sound advice you need before making any child custody decisions.